Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 2 - Quinoa Salad

52 Weeks of Pinterest - Week 2

I've been making a lot of quinoa lately. It's so yummy and good for you. There are a lot of recipes on Pinterest for quinoa, but I've found that I can pretty much throw in whatever is left over in the fridge and it works! This weekend I made this version of a quinoa salad:






It's inspired by this Pinterest recipe by Eating for England. I changed some things though, based on what we had in the house. It still turned out delicious.

Here's my version of the recipe:
1 cup (uncooked) quinoa
1 can black beans, rinsed
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
8ish cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, diced
1 large clove garlic, diced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin

There aren't any real directions to this other than to cook the quinoa per the directions on the package, and to dice everything else up while the quinoa is cooking. Once everything is ready, toss it together and enjoy!

Again, delicious! I do wish I had had the cilantro though - I think it would have been a good addition.

1 comment:

  1. YUM :) Pls make this and have a house warming BBQ. I will bring dessert.

    ReplyDelete